Iqra Islamic School offers a comprehensive educational package which encompasses all academic subjects including language arts, math, social studies, and science. Furthermore, the curriculum is rounded out by physical education, art, career education, and information technology programs. Our aim is to ensure that students are enriched as well as challenged by the program offerings. The New BC Curriculum has motivated the Iqra team to think critically about how we must integrate essential aspects of learning.
- Creative and Critical thinking
- Social Responsibility/Awareness
- Team work
Essential to the academic experience at Iqra Islamic School is an understanding of the way our newly acquired knowledge can be used to the betterment of our faith.
Therefore, all knowledge at Iqra Islamic School must be acquired while considering:
- The affirmation of Allah’s existence
- A better understanding of Allah and his relationship with his creation
- An appreciation for the Messenger (saw), his life, and his companions (r.a)
- A better understanding of the revealed knowledge